March 25, 2020 Update:
Movers and delivery services are classified as essential services, so we are staying open and trying to assist. Sweepers are completing shopping and delivery, hauling and outdoor work, and virtual jobs today.
Let us know if you or someone you know could use help.
March 18 2020
We remain open, with safety measures. The health and well being of Sweepers, customers, and all in our communities is our foremost concern.
Here are some of the steps we are taking to operate safely:
- Cancellation fees waived.
- Sweepers withdrawals without penalty.
- Recommending contactless jobs, such as contact-free delivery, yard work or outside jobs, and virtual work.
As an Organization
- Reviewing each job for safety.
- Requiring conversations between Administrators, Customers, and Sweepers about safety concerns prior to confirming jobs.
- Cashless payment and gratuity.
- Making sure that no client, Sweeper or anyone else in the environment is displaying symptoms. Typical symptoms are fever, fatigue, and a dry cough and sore throat. Symptoms can also include shortness of breath, headaches, aches and pains.
- Maintaining social distance.
- Encouraging the use of gloves and a mask.
- Requiring frequent hand-washing and use of hand-sanitizer.
- Not shaking hands.
- Avoiding eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Recommending that Sweepers do not pack and only move packed boxes.
- Recommend Sweepers and clients use rubber gloves.
- Not shaking dirty laundry, as this increases the potential for air-borne contamination.
- Encouraging non-contact deliveries.
While we remain open, we do support social distancing and understand this may mean canceling on-site jobs at some point.
Accordingly, we are planning now to emphasize virtual work and to sell more Gift Certificates.
Internally, we have already worked remotely for over 5 years and are prepared to stay open for the duration.